Inspired Circle Health is an integrative community health school and naturopathic clinic based in Seattle, Washington that specializes in holistic mental health care and addiction recovery.
Dr. Michal Waldfogel, ND | she/her/hers
Michal is a licensed naturopathic physician who brings nearly two decades of experience in education, facilitation and community-building to her work in health care. She considers it a great privilege to witness what humans are able to overcome and an honor to be a guide along the way.
First inspired to learn about integrative medicine while an undergraduate student at McGill University in Montréal, Michal went on to become a yoga teacher before studying naturopathic medicine at Bastyr University and completing a two-year accredited naturopathic primary care residency. In her private practice, she has chosen to specialize in holistic mental health care to address the growing need for a comprehensive and collaborative approach to concerns, including anxiety, depression, insomnia, and addiction. In particular, she focuses on working together to uncover the biological factors that can contribute to symptoms, such as nutritional deficiencies, digestive issues and hormonal imbalance. She finds that adding this piece to the treatment puzzle often enhances the work of therapy and overall healing.
What absolutely lights me up is when I see you realize how capable, resilient and awesome you truly are.-Dr. Michal
- My practice is evidence-inspired, meaning that I combine modern scientific research with ancient practices, my personal and professional experience and, most importantly, YOUR values and needs.
- I take a person-centered and empowerment-based approach to my work (and play!) in both health and education.
- I believe that the world needs caring, compassionate, creative and courageous people like you to FEEL YOUR BEST so that you can continue to do the important work, joyfully
- We work from an expansive list of possible root causes, which never blame or shame you for your current health concern. My framework is trauma-informed and anti-oppression grounded. I don’t focus on weight as a metric for health (think: Health at Every Size) and am sensitive to patients with an eating disorder history or who are concerned about their relationship with food.
- By working together, we create a safe and effective plan that makes sense for you, feels supportive and sets you up for sustainable success, how you define it.
- As a healthcare provider, educator and human I am forever in the process of learning and unlearning my biases. Professionally, I continue to pursue anti-oppression training and seek out opportunities to check where my privileges have left a blind spot.
- I have navigated the personal experience of being the caregiver for a loved one with cancer. I hold space for uncertainty, complex grief and radical self-care.
- I often incorporate my background as a yoga and mindfulness teacher, as well as additional training in biofeedback into care.
- I have very many interests and passions that I love to combine in innovative ways. Deep Breath Baking is a mindfulness, Jew/ish spirituality and baking workshop I developed back in 2009. I also like to write songs, perform lifecycle rituals and rollerblade.